30 Under 30 I have been grinding hard this year trying to get my business off the ground that I've neglected the simple pleasure of writing and blogging. I've been thinking a lot about what I want for myself. After taking a homebuyer's class, I feel really empowered and focused. I know how to navigate the scary home buying and credit repair processes and I am making plans to succeed. the most important thing for me to do at this point is to make/retain more money to pay off my debt, whilst saving money for the house. My plan is to cut back on life's excesses and to enjoy the simple things. I look at my friends, family and classmates and I think they are so accomplished. The irony is, they often look at me as if I am more accomplished! I guess it is because we sometimes forget to cherish the talents, the blessings and the strides we've made in our own lives. So instead of the typical 30 Before 30 list full of things to do. I have...
How to Give the Gift of Secondhand Vintage beaded sequined dress As many of you know, I am an avid thrifter. I love the joy of finding bold patters and retro styles after hours (yes hours) amid old clothing, shoes and accessories. I love looking at a piece and imagining its history and the new story yet to tell. I have learned and developed unique ways to acquire unique goods from secondhand stores and markets. I have even conducted thrifting tours, held workshops on how to care for secondhand merchandise, repaired, recreated and re-fashioned used items. Therefore, I would call myself an expert. In my expert opinion, giving the gift of secondhand is a beautiful thing. It is the responsibility of the gift-giver to make sure that the recipient will appreciate said gift. If the gift is well-intentioned, takes the recipient back to fonder times, is something that they have always wanted or replaces something that was lost: mission accomplished. However, if the g...
Happy Birthday Adventures :) Rock climbig 101 Rock climbing adventure....I made it to the top everytime...my first time...yay me :) Afterward, I rewarded myself by thrifting the day away Money well spent. My reward for donating and consigning last season. Wearing it proudly Gifted: cheetah print dress Thrifted: lime pants DIY: denim vest (used to be a jacket) Carnage! Trees and power lines down...but not my spirit. After the storm, the sun came out and ...
Comments
Post a Comment