My all-time favorite pieces



Purple and plaid...two great inventions! I bought this shirt in high school from the Goodwill. It was an oversized long sleeve men's shirt (go figure). I liked it so much I convinced my friends to get the pink and green matches. I think we wore them once all together and had a
good laugh. Some time later I decided to trim it down and make it more of a fitted short; since then we have been inseparable.


 The colors are still so bright and bold years later.


These skinny jeans are also my favorite because they fit like a glove. It has just the right amount of stretch and the front seam gives it both form and function. Front seams allow clothing to stretch more in the thigh area where I have the most difficulty fitting. Got these on sale after Christmas for maybe $18.00 from Macys junior section.

These $20.00 boots from Wet Seal are so comfy and look great with skinny jeans. I like them because they hide my skinny bow-legged shins and make me look more proportional.






Now I have to tell you about this amazing find. This gilded fertility necklace is from Ghana; the pendant you see is actually a fertility doll called the Akua-Ba.

Why am I wearing a fertility doll necklace you ask?!

Well after reading When God Was A Woman some time ago, I see womanhood, religion, motherhood and femininity etc...a little differently. Without going into a other deeper conversations, I will just note that this book has taught me that woman have been worshiped, adored, protected and respected far longer than we have been dissed and disrespected as in modern times. This necklace is a symbol and a reminde.r of kinder times for women when we held both physical and metaphysical power.

The brass earrings with cowries are another treasure because I love cowrie shells and African things.

Random: How cool are these Dior heels with a fertility Goddess heel?! What a subliminal message...walk like a Goddess!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Face

New Years Eve/ning Out 2011

BESTWEEKEVER